The International Kendo Federation was established in 1970. FIK is composed of National Kendo Federations, each of which exclusively represents the nation/region in Kendo. At the time of establishment, 17 countries/regions were affiliated with FIK. As of May 2015, 57 countries/regions are FIK affiliates.
- To provide various assistance in order to promote the organization of the National Kendo Federation in each nation.
- To hold and assist seminars and workshops.
- To establish the rules for international matches.
- To provide standards (guidelines) for the Dan/Kyu examinations.
- To organize World Kendo Championships.
- To exchange information on techniques, equipment, etc.
- To undertake other activities necessary for achievement of the purposes set forth in the preceding articles.
Officials (2015-2018) Edit
Approved at the FIK Board of Directors Meeting and GA on May 28, 2015 in Tokyo, Japan.
- President: Cho Fujio (Japan)
- Vice President: Matsunaga Masami (Japan)
- Vice President: Yoshiteru Tagawa (USA)
- Vice President: Rhee Jong-Rim (Korea)
- Vice President: Alain Ducarme (Belgium)
- Secretary General: Sato Yukio (Japan)
- Assistant Secretary General: Kurose Arinobu (Japan)
- Auditor: Zsolt Vadadi (Hungary)
- Auditor: Graham Sayar (New Zealand, new)
- Directors (Japan): Miyasaka Masayuki, Masago Takeshi, Fukumoto Shuji , Kokaze Akira
Council Nations and Directors (Asian Zone)
- Korea: Shin Seung-Ho
- Chinese Taipei: Huang Yu Po(Huo)
Council Nations and Directors (American Zone)
- Canada: Christian D' Orangeville
- Brazil: Elizabeth Akemi Kodoto
- Hawaii: Kathleen Nekomoto
Council Nations and Directors (European Zone)
- Italy: Gianfranko Moretti
- Germany: Detlf Viebranz
- France: Jean-Pierre Soulas